Project duration: 2014’– 2016 (24 months)
Project is supported by the Erasmus+ programme of the Europian Union
Student Computer Art Society/SCAS/ ‚ Bulgaria
Institut fur Bildungsforschung der Wirtschaft-ibw‚ Austria
Jaunimo karjeros centras‚ Lithuania
Vocational school“General Vladimir Zaimov“‚ Bulgaria
Ankara University Center for the Study of Human Resources and Career Counselling‚ Turkey
National Student Information and Career center/NSICC/‚ Bulgaria
To improve the quality of youth career guidance via providing updated approaches‚ quality indicators and online tools for youth career counselors.
- To develop the consultants’ skills in the area of so called “self-guidance” via modernizing the Quality Indicators (QI) and Quality Model (QM) in youth career guidance‚ including the development of new indicators related to nowadays media literacy (rating the information in the net‚ validating the resources‚ intelligent searching‚ abilities to “scan”‚ social networks usage‚ ePortfolio usage etc.);
- To improve the quality of youth career guidance via providing innovative tools and manual for career guidance – online self-assessment toolkit for consultants to test their knowledge‚ skills and competences in media literacy and self-guidance;
- To train youth counselors and mangers of youth career services in modern aspects of youth career guidance and quality assurance;
- To develop a strategic partnership network among the partner organizations within the project so that the organizations continue working on the project main topics after the project end;
Project target group:
- Guidance services managers
- Youth career consultants
- The project results could be also useful for the pedagogic consultants (in the schools).
- New learning outcomes (LO) and quality indicators (QI) related to nowadays media literacy‚ including LO and QI related to guidance of youth with fewer opportunities. These indicators are important for the consultancy process with the youngsters. The LO related to the work with youth with fewer opportunities and the LO related to modern media literacy will be incorporated in the online toolkit and the manual.
- Concrete tools (self-assessment) to measure the counselors’ knowledge in the area of self-guidance and media literacy.
- “Self-guidance and modern media literacy” manual with theoretical and practical information (cases) how nowadays youth career consultants should advice youngsters to use modern media in their professional orientation‚ in their job search and job application.
Project website: www.qycguidance.org