More and Better EU Aid Volunteers: enhancing technical capacity of European organisations and improving opportunities for EU citizens to participate in humanitarian aid actions
Project duration: 2017’-2019’(24 months)
Project is supported by: EU Aid Volunteers Programme
- Gruppo Di Volontariato Civile / GVC ‚ Italy – a project coordinator
- Fundacion Alianza Por Los Derechos/Aianza‚ Spain
- Eesti People to People‚ Estija
- Instituto Marques de valle Flor‚ Portugal
- Latvian Platform for Development Cooperation/LAPAS‚ Latvia
- NGO Support Centre‚ Cyprus
- Jaunimo karjeros centras‚ Lithuania
- National Platform of Non-governmental organizations /SLOGA‚ Slovenia
- The Hungarian Association of NGOs for development and Humanitarian Aid/ HAND‚ Hungary
- Bologna University‚ Italy – an associate partner
The project aims to strengthen capacities of sending and future sending organisations about Humanitarian Aid actions‚ EU Aid Volunteers Initiative and standards and procedures to become a sending organisation.
- Inform and engage in EU Aid Volunteers initiative 3 EU platforms and at least 38 organizations.
- Strengthen the capacities of 38 organizations in Humanitarian Action and EU Aid Volunteers Initiative.
- Enhance interactivity and tailored learning and build collaboration‚ teamwork. The action is designed for guaranteeing a pan-European approach combining the work at MS level with EU level‚ operating in a wide geographical scheme (9 EU countries).
- Mapping and motivating organisations;
- E-learning training;
- International residential training of trainers;
- National trainings;
- Up-skilling toolkit developed in previous Capacity Building project;
- Exchanges of staff between certified sending organizations and prospecting certified partners;
- Final conference;
- Communication/dissemination activities: university talks‚ videos production‚ conference‚ material production.
The EU Aid Volunteers platform