Project duration: 2013’– 2015 (24 months)
Project is supported by LLP programme of the Europian Union
Louth and Meath Education &Training Board ‚ Ireland
Jaunimo karjeros centras‚ Lithuania
Across Limits‚ Malta
Association for Education and Sustainable Development‚ Romania
PROFISOUSA- Association of Vocational Education of Sousa Valley‚ Portugal
Instituto de Formacion Integral‚ S.L.U.‚ Spain
University of Lodz‚ Poland
Future in Perspective Ltd‚ Ireland
To support smart‚ sustainable and inclusive growth through the reduction in rates of early school-leaving.
- To identify‚ assess and validate best practice early childhood‚ family and school-based models that if implemented could prevent the occurrence of early school-leaving;
- To identify the required continuous professional development supports to facilitate the integration of the best practice models;
- To create an online observatory where all materials are presented‚ discussed and accessible to education staff;
- To promote a focus on recycling best practice methodologies and philosophies encouraging experts and professionals to engage in critical reflection on past achievements on which to build future interventions;
- To host the first ESSE Annual Award where best practice in addressing early school-leaving under each of the prevention‚ intervention and compensation categories is duly recognised;
Project target group:
- Professionals addressing the impacts of early school-leaving to include guidance workers‚ youth workers and teachers
- Experts in initial‚ in-service and continuous professional development training
- Experts in the management of school –based formal and second-chance education
- The ESSE Observatory – the principal online resource allowing teachers access to the best practice models and resources selected.
- Video Documentary – an audio –visual product for use in promoting and validate the outputs of ESSE
- The first ESSE Annual Awards presentations and conference – all ESSE products‚ tools and resources were launched.
To reach project results‚ please‚ visit www.esseobservatory.eu